Wednesday, January 4, 2012

6 Months To Go!

January 3rd.....six months to my 40th. Time to kick it in high gear!  We'll I had every intention of that with a run then hour ballet body class but the shoot I had scheduled for Thursday got pushed up to Tuesday afternoon.  I spend time wandering through Ice Castles and even did a little ice climbing to the top of one.

So on the way to and from to Silverthorne I thought about my workout challenge to myself.  What is really that I want to accomplish?  Well get in best shape of my life of course but that includes some specific goals.  I don't want to be skinny.  I want to be athletic.  So in the next 6 months I want to get back to running 5 miles with ease, get some definition in my arms, strengthen my core, and be able to put my head on my knees.  The last one is my flexibility goal.  I thought about maybe I should try to be able to do splits again but head to knees is a bigger challenge.  I had a yoga instructor show me recently how to start:  stand with knees bent, hands on calves or back of ankles, and start by just trying to get chest to quads, and breathe into the stretch taking several breaths to deepen it and work toward goal.  So ladies what to be in a bikini on their 40th, I want to be able to put my head to my knees.  Guess we all have goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment