Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pilates to Kickboxing

Friday was an intense workout day. It was a two-a-day workout day for me.  I did my first Pilates session of the new year with Erin at Pura Vida Club.  I had a mini goal reached in that session.  There's a move on the Cadillac machine where you are sitting with your legs out straight and dive forward to try to reach your feet.  I was so excited when I could touch the bottom of my feet.

Then I went back to the club for a 30 minutes session of Muay Thai Kickboxing with Sean.  I knew it was going to be tough when the warm up involved a fire hose size rope stabilized by two heavy weights.  Hold the ends of the rope I had the move ropes up and down as fast as I could for 20 seconds then lift both ropes above my head as fast as I could for another 20 seconds.  After the first round, Sean says I have four of those. Buck up little camper was all I could think!  From there we did series of kicks and punches.  My heart rate soared, I couldn't breathe and yes I felt like I was going to puke.  It's tough but I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment