Monday, August 1, 2011

Going the Distance on Elliptical

My week is a little out of whack already with Erin, my Pilates and Kinesis trainer, out of town.  I'd hope to make the Mad Abs 30 minute class at Pura Vida Club today but didn't get out of work in time.

Instead I hit the elliptical.  My calves are still pretty sore for Grays and Torreys 14ers climb so I figured it would be a fairly easy go of it on the elliptical.  But as soon as I put my tunes on I was off.  I ended up doing 5 miles in 41:25 minutes.  That's right at an 8:13mph pace.   

After the cardio, I did some ab work on a machine then headed into one of the fitness class studios that was empty and jumped rope.  That's right went old school or boxer style.  Thanks to Erin using jump rope as part of my warm up for Kinesis I've been getting it in at least once a week.  So for three minutes I jump rope.  It's one of the best cardio workouts and easy to see why boxers are in such amazing shape.  I just need to add it in a couple more times a week.

I did 20 moving push ups on a Bosa ball. Yes on my toes.  Then did 20 (on each side) side bends in plank that Erin taught me last week.  Finished out the workout with some stretching. 

Not bad for a girl who went in to gym for an easy cardio session!

No comments:

Post a Comment