Monday, August 22, 2011

Hiking & Biking Up A Storm in Beaver Creek

Saturday turned into an all day workout for me at Beaver Creek.  It started at 7:15am when I took off on the Lost Buck Trail.  I headed out on what I thought would be just a nice hike/jog but it turned into a 3 miles hike/run with three hill intervals added in.  There's something about hiking or jogging by a ski slope that just inspired me to run intervals to the top of the hill.

For there it was out on a mountain biking adventure at 9:15am with my guide Laura.  Little did I know that I would be going 14 miles and there would be a crash.  I'm still a pretty novice mountain biker.  I'm a much better road cyclist.  At Beaver Creek we road the Centennial Lift then took off on Cinch to Dally to Village to Village over the Arrowhead.  Somewhere on the Village to Village I bit it going downhill while trying to shoot video.  In Arrowhead we caught the bike trail and then bus back to Beaver Creek for a quick lunch at Spruce Saddle, off of the Centennial Lift.

Laura was up for a hike so she went with me.  We took the Royal Elk Trail to Beaver Lake at an elevation of 9,746 feet.  After a quick break to soak up the beauty of the lake it was back down the Beaver Lake Trail to my hotel The Osprey.  Round trip it was a 6 mile hike.


That's 9 miles on foot and 14 on bike - not bad for a day's workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment