Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thrills in Royal Gorge

Monday I had a super long work day.  Right after newscast, I headed to Royal Gorge.  It was my first visit to the Gorge.  They recently opened the Soaring Eagle Zip Line.  You zipping along at 1,122 feet above the Arkansas River.  You zip line backwards for 700 feet, then forward 700 feet on a zip line that parallels one side of the Gorge.


With the gusty winds, walking across the bridge was a challenge.  I have to admit I definitely got the willies walking on the wood planks and peaking through the slats at the Arkansas River as the bridge swayed in the wind.

Keep in mind that I'm afraid of heights but I do try to challenge myself to face that fear.  With the Royal Rush Skycoaster, the scariest skycoaster in the world, I was certainly doing that.  In a harness they pull you up 100 feet in the air.  You pull the cord the soar at 50 mph 60 feet out over the Royal Gorge.  Then you just swing back and forth out over the Gorge.  Definitely a rush!


Not sure how much of a workout this counts for but considering I didn't get home until almost 5pm, I was 100% wiped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment