Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Run In The Sunshine

With snow on the ground and the sun shining it was the perfect Christmas Day for a run.  With temperatures getting above freezing it was nice to not have to bundle up from head to toe.  I was able to head out in capri running tights, short sleeve tshirt, and pull over.  I love getting out on one of the bath paths.  There are still some icy spots but for the most part they are pretty good.  The best part of all was just simply moving outside on a quiet beautiful early afternoon.  Didn't go for a super long time just about 30 minutes but got the Christmas workout done before heading over to my cousin's to take in the calories at dinner that I'd burned off.

My goal this week is to start getting back in some running. I've got to add back in some great cardio.  So my goal this week (with hopefully the cough going away!) is to get in two 30 minute runs and one 1 hour run/walk.  I think pretty realistic.  Oh and there's some ice skating and perhaps skiing and snowshoeing later this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment