Monday, December 26, 2011

Where Was Everybody?

So I headed out for an easy 30 minute run about 3 this afternoon.  It was a beautiful day in Denver - sunshine and temps in the low 40s.  Yes there's still snow on the ground but there was some melting today.  I hit the bike path and after about 15 minutes I realized I was the only soul other there.  Little odd...actually a lot odd especially in such an active city on a beautiful day. The entire time during my run I saw three people - one runner and a couple walking. So I had to wonder where is everybody?  Figured the malls would be busy in the morning and perhaps folks would get the workout done on a beautiful afternoon.  But I guess folks were out shopping, traveling or just enjoying a lazy afternoon at home or at the movies.  Oh well I love the solitude I found in the sun starting to go down and the snow lining the path.

When I got home I decided to do some abs and stretching.  I've been keeping my friend Melody's dog over the weekend.  Well as soon as I laid down to do abs he plopped down on my stomach and wouldn't stop licking my face.  So Ike became my ab weight.  Definitely made me laugh doing abs with Ike staring back at me!
Ike sitting on my stomach as my weight for crunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment