Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Push It Cardio

Today I hit the gym to do some cardio.  A little tired I decided to do cardio where I had to watch the clock so I would push it.  First on the elliptical I did two miles on a random course in 18 minutes with an incline of 13 (out of 25).  Next it was over to the treadmill.  I jumped on and ran at 6mph for 3 minutes then to sprints of 30 second spring then 30 second rest.

I started the 30 second sprints at incline of 8% (out of 15) and speed of 6.5mph. Took it up to 9% at 6.8mph. At 10% upped speed to 7mph and then to 7.5mph for 11%.  Then I did the sequence in reverse.  Walked for 1 minute at 4mph.  Then dropped speed to 1.5mph with no incline walk sideways on treadmill for two minutes, then backward for two minutes, the sideways on the other side for two minutes.

I finished out the treadmill workout with a fast mile at a pace of 7-7.3mph.  I did have to take two quick 10 second breaks on that one.

I'm going to feel this workout tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment