Saturday, December 31, 2011

Party Prep Workout

My friends Melissa and Carl and a couple of others had grand plans this morning to hike the hill that is across the street from their house in Breckenridge.  Well wind gusts of 50mph plus starting at midnight lasting through 10am this morning, including peak gusts of 100-126mph 5-6am and whiteout conditions 7:30-9am put an end to that hike outing.  We'd all had no sleep and power went out for about 6 hours.

So instead I got my workout today doing party preps that consisted of putting together an outdoor heater, carrying chairs down stairs, and carrying ice bags, bottled waters, and other party necessities up stairs.

Wasn't exactly the workout I'd planned but oh well blame it on the weather!

That hike will have to wait for another day.  I'm almost 6 months in to my year long blog (Jan 3 is halfway mark).  Cheers to 2012 being a year of getting in shape, eating better, enjoying better health and most of all just keep moving!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment