Monday, December 19, 2011

First Ski Day of the Season for Me

Thursday I got in my first ski day of the season as I explored Echo Mountain for one of my Explore Colorado segments.  It was pretty entertaining to me that I took off to tackle the mountain with three very advanced skiers.

My friend and co-anchor Melody has been skiing since she was about 4 or 5.  Kelley is a heliskiing lover.  That's downhill skiing that's only accessible by helicopter. Catrina has been a coach for Team Summit, a competitive ski club for a couple of years.  Catrina was my coach on the mountain for the afternoon.

I was definitely VERY slow and timid on the first run but got more and more comfortable, even skiing my way through a couple of terrain park areas with jumps.  Notice I said through and not over.

We skied for about an hour and half then headed in for cocoa (yes with a few marshmallows) since it was getting really cold.  Skiing is such a great workout plus you burn more calories in the cold.  That's why it's okay to splurge on nachos and fries afterwards.  Of course splitting with everyone.  You worked for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment