Sunday, February 5, 2012

Raising The Barre To Lift & Tone



I've had a few friends tell me they are huge Pure Barre fans.  Well, when Pure Barre offered three classes in a Groupon recently I decided I would give it a try.  I took my first class today....and loved it, shaky legs and all!

The technique uses small isometric moves to lift and tone with moves based in the principles of ballet, Pilates, and dance.  Each strength series is followed by a stretch series in the class.  That process creates long, lean muscles without the bulk.  Think of a ballerina's body - long, lean, and toned.  That's the goal!

As a newbie I didn't feel out of place at all, except that I didn't have on the cool sticky socks that everyone else in the class had on.  It doesn't matter your flexibility.  You're too focused on the small intense movements to even notice what others in the class are doing!  I couldn't believe the class flew by so quickly.

There was one series where we were at the barre, standing on one leg, doing a series of movements leaning on barre and other leg extended out and lifting, squeezing, lifting, and squeezing.  Once we went up on our toes on the standing leg, my leg starting shaking so badly I actually thought I was going to collapse.  That's actually a good thing.  Pure Barre targets the tough areas for women - abs, butt, and thighs.  Don't you want a toned tummy, lifted tush, and no cellulite tight thighs?  I do and adding Pure Barre into my workout regiment.

Here's the great thing.  There are locations across the country and you can do a single class.  Give it a try....bet you'll feel the sweat, shake, and some soreness from the first class like me.  I'm hooked and can't wait to take my next class!

No comments:

Post a Comment