Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Running Stairs With Weights

I do not like running stairs....and I especially do not like running stairs holding weights.  But when you do it carrying an 8 pound weight in each hand, it's really good motivation to not gain any weight!

Yesterday I had my weekly Pilates and Kinesis session with Erin at Pura Vida Club.  As part of my 30 minute Kinesis session, she had me run four flights of stairs with 8 pound weight in each hand.  I didn't have to do this just once.  There were three rounds in between other exercises.

But it's not just carrying the weights while going up and down the stairs.  I had to carry the weights in a bicep curl halfway position.  Erin had me focus on elbows by side, weights in fronts, not holding them with arms down or allowing my elbows to drop behind me.

Here's correct form:
Good Form
Here's bad form:
Bad Form
Here's the run in motion:

Give it a try.  You heart is going to be pumping and you'll be out of breath.  This is an advanced move.  If you are comfortable running stairs, start with light weight and work your way up.

Have fun huffing and puffing up the stairs!

2 comments:

  1. Wow jen ur jentastic great work still looking good keep up the good work girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. تصليح مصاعد

    ReplyDelete