Saturday, February 25, 2012

Skiing First Back Bowl In Vail

Yesterday I got to ski my first Vail back bowl.  Actually got to do two first:  ski a bowl and ski a natural half-pipe.  I went out on a shoot to show the beauty and accessibility to almost any ski level of the back bowls.  We ended up skiing for about three hours for the shoot.  We did a couple of runs then took lifts and catwalks over to China Bowl, my first bowl.  I had a blast following my guide Chris Lai down the bowl.  Love that I made it down without falling!
In China Bowl with Mount Holy Cross in background.

From there we headed over the Blue Sky Basin for more skiing and to check out the view of the bowls, including China Bowl.  In the Basin, we skied the Cloud Nine then back over to Lionshead.  Cloud Nine was fitting since it is my favorite ski day yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment