Thursday, February 9, 2012

Push Up The Weight

Yesterday was Pilates and kinesis with Erin at Pura Vida Club.  I arrived a little frazzled because I was late from finishing up a last minute project at work.  Guess it was good fuel to get me warmed up and working hard in kinesis.  Erin had me down a reverse workout in Kinesis, using the cable machines in a reverse order from what I normally do.

In Pilates, we worked a lot on core and legs.  She had me try a couple of more advanced moves on the reformer, including on that you with one foot on the foot bar and standing with the other against the shoulder/foot rest on the carriage.  Mentally it was a challenge for me to get into the position from standing on the carriage.  So I went to knees, put foot on bar, and then put other foot against shoulder/foot rest on carriage.  Getting into position that way worked for me!  I love that there's always something challenging and new for me in my Pilates sessions.

One of the exercises Erin had me do is a variation on a military style push up.  I did it with an 8-pound weight.  The push up with a rotation using weights is an advanced more.  Try it first with no or light weights.  Enjoy this great move!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment