Monday, February 13, 2012

Purely What I Needed

Pure Barre was purely what I needed Thursday.  I've just had a really busy and at times stressful week with my to do list seeming to grow longer each day.  While I was trying to finish up a couple of things and pack for my weekend San Antonio trip I almost bailed on workout.  I don't normally workout after 4pm.  That's late when you have to get up at 2:45am.  But I put on my workout clothes, jumped in the car, and headed off to Pure Barre for the 4:15pm class at their Cherry Creek location.

I'm so glad I went!  I knew in the warm up and weights portion of class that I didn't just want to be there but needed to be there.  Being able to shut the rest of the world out and focus on the workout did wonders for clearing my head and my stress level.  Guess that's the beauty of a class that based in doing small isometric moves.  The instructor Ashley was great.  I like that the class was a little different from my first one Sunday at the Highlands location, but that many of the moves and format was the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment