Monday, July 11, 2011

Kick Butt Pilates & Kinesis

Monday workouts for me mean I'm going to get my butt kicked by my Pilates and Kinesis trainer Erin at Pura Vida Club.  I've been working out with her almost every Monday since November.  It's an hour and a half workout starting first with 30 minutes of Kinesis then hour Pilates.  Erin is a former collegiate Lacrosse player and did her Pilates training in California.  She's a combination of competitiveness, caring, and just plan old going to push you farther than you think you can mentality.  So today Kinesis starts with jumping rope then quickly into a series of moves with cables, lunges, squats, core moves.  Kinesis is a resistance training that has strength, cardiovascular, flexibility, and balance benefits while burning up to 30% more calories than traditional strength training.  I was an absolute sweat monster after 30 minutes.  We did some new ab moves using bench and Bosa ball so I'm probably going to be sore tomorrow!  In Pilates we did today's session on a piece of equipment called the Cadillac.  Lots of focus on hamstrings, abs, and shoulders today.  Plus a lot of stretching including splits....not quite as flexible as I used to be so the stretching is huge for me.  If you're looking for a workout that will kick your butt and get strength, cardio, and flexibility in the session then the combo of Kinesis and Pilates is for you.  Erin kicks my butt but I love the training!  And yes I'll be sore tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment