Thursday, July 28, 2011

No Muffin Tops Allowed! Feel The Side Bend Squeeze.

Today was Pilates session with Erin at Pura Vida Club.  When I can I like to get in two sessions a week.  Today we focused a lot on core and abs.  But I gotta love when Erin says to me, "I know you did sprints yesterday but you're still doing jump board."  If you're wondering what the jump board is, it's a series of pushing out and back with different leg positions (parallel, feet together in a V, jumping jacks, single leg) while laying on your back on the reformer.  It definitely gets the heart rate up quickly.

We ended the session with a series of abs moves done on a mat.  One of those moves is the side bend...or I'll just call it the side killer.  You start on your side, top leg slightly in front, up on your forearm, and top arm up reaching for the sky.  As you exhale, lift hip, and reach top arm over head and toward the ground.  You really squeeze the obliques closest to the ground.  I love it because it's something I can easily do at home.










Here's Erin explaining how to do the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment