Monday, April 2, 2012

Abs on the Foam Roller

It was back to going full steam today with my usual Monday Pilates and Kinesis session with Erin at Pura Vida Club.  Kinesis was filled with burpees, slide out push ups, of course cable work, and some abs on the foam roller.  I actually love these.
I have a foam roller at home and it is one piece of equipment I think anyone into fitness or working out should have at home.  I actually got introduced to mine by Dr. Jason Garrett with Airrosti in San Antonio (also now in Denver and a few other cities).  He gave me one for my IT band. Rolling out the IT band on it is no fun but a necessary evil for the runner in me.  I love finding new ways to use it and Erin has had me do crunches on it before so we decided to share this move today.  You'll be surprised how challenging it is, especially when you try crunches with one leg up in the air. One tip for that, step out wider with the floor on the ground for more balance if you need it.
Yes it is one of those moves you can do while simply watching tv.

Here's Erin explaining how to do abs on the foam roller.


No comments:

Post a Comment