Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Glide with Rower Abs

Yesterday I did my usual Monday workout of Kinesis and Pilates with Erin at Pura Vida Club.  One of the exercises she had me do in Kinesis was what I call rower abs using gliders.  If you don't have gliders, you can use towels on a hard floor surface.  These are super effective.  I did 10 just back and up then 10 (reach right then back reach left counts as one) reaches.


Here's Erin coaching me through the rower abs with gliders.



Just to give you an idea how tough my Kinesis session was, I ended it with 1-0 burpees.  That's after all sorts of cable exercises, the rower abs, jumping rope, and jump lunges.  For the jump lunges, Erin had me do 2 sets of of 20 seconds with 20 second rest in between and she called that my intermission.  Yes it was a tough workout that extended in Pilates which included a lot of abs and jump board moves.  It was more like cardio Pilates to me - jump board is tough....especially doing single leg jump board moves for a minute each then doing jump board small leg circles.  No wonder I'm sore today!

No comments:

Post a Comment