Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Power Walking In The Land of Dinosaurs

I had a shoot for an upcoming Explore Colorado special today and headed back out the Dinosaur Ridge in Morrison.  We wrapped shoot about noon and I wanted to get in a workout.  Normally on Wednesdays I take Mad Abs and Dirty 30 from noon to 1pm but missed the classes today.

With my right hamstring bothering me and sore from intense workouts Monday and Tuesday, I decided I was going to power walk or hike.  If we finished our shoot early enough, I was going to head over the the Matthews-Winters trail in Red Rocks.  But since it was a little after noon and knowing I had a tons of stuff to get done this afternoon, I decided on the power walk at Dinosaur Ridge.  That decision was also made shortly after I saw a snake slithering by on the trail as we headed up Dakota Ridge trail a bit to shoot something.  It was a bull snake, which keep rattlesnakes away...but still I'm not a fan of snakes!

From the gate to the bone site on the other side of ridge is 1.5 miles.  So off I went, power walking my way up the gradual incline of the ridge and over to the other side.  I actually went beyond the bone site to the other gate to get in a little more mileage.  Which meant I probably did closer to 3.5-4 miles.

On the way to my turn around point I really enjoyed watching the clouds roll in over the Foothills.


On the way back the view of the clouds coming in over Red Rocks was just spectacular.  Definitely a right decision to workout, clear my head, and really enjoy a cool place.


No comments:

Post a Comment