Monday, April 16, 2012

Roll the Hip, Lift the Foot

Yesterday I took the 8:30am class at Pure Barre's Cherry Creek location.  I rushed in because I was running late due to a wreck.  So a little flustered I jumped right in to a class that was packed!  This was my favorite Pure Barre class that I have taken.  All the classes have similar moves but for some reason the format of this class better suited me.  It was probably because we did a lot with the double bands and balls.

One of my favorite moves during the class was sitting on the floor with one leg crossed in front and the other to the side.  Holding on to the bar, we first just rolled hip forward of the leg that was to the side.  The keeping knee down, lifted foot up and down.
Courtesy: Pure Barre
This is the knee on floor, lift foot move.
Then picking up knee slightly off floor and pushing it back.  We did these slow then quick pulses.  The moves are small but tough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment