Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sweating It Out In Yoga Sculpt

Friday I headed out to take a yoga class with my friend Joana at Core Power Yoga.  After two days of hard workouts, I was looking forward to take my first yoga class in ages.  I used to do Bikram Yoga on a regular basis.

Shortly before the class I found out it was yoga with weights...in a heated room.  So it wasn't the relax, rejuvenate kind of stretch yoga class I was expected.  Well here with go with hard workout for 3 days in a row.

The Yoga Sculpt class was a fast paced class of stretches, yoga poses, and cardio like mountain climbers with weights incorporated into many of the poses and exercises.  The noon class was packed.  I love the variety of people in the class.  They guy in front of me was one of those that can wear the short spandex shorts and get away with it because he was that fit.  One of the instructors was pregnant.  There were all shapes, sizes, and different fitness levels in the class.

Within 10 minutes of the class starting I was dripping sweat and continued to do so for the duration of workout.  I told Joana I want to join her on Fridays when I'm not traveling.  I loved the workout and the feeling of toxins out, happiness and strength in.  When I woke up Saturday morning, I hit the ground running after a better night's sleep than I'd had in a long time.  I'm chalking it up to the yoga.  Definitely getting more into my fitness routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment