Sunday, March 4, 2012

Barre Friday


I was bound and determined to make it to a Pure Barre class yesterday.  I signed up for the noon class at the Cherry Creek location. Perfect time for in between work and my haircut and highlights at Posh Salon.

Needing a little energy boost I downed the Vuka workout drink and off I went into class.  I kept thinking just give it what you've got for 55 minutes and workout will be done.  Also knew I'd be much happier with myself doing the class than not doing a workout at all!  Plus, heading off to Palm Springs for a quick trip this weekend I had to do something.

Lindsey was the instructor and the class quickly became packed.  Instead of using the band with handles, we grabbed double ring bands.  I knew immediately this class would be a little different.  A lot of the moves are similar but I loved the change the double band brought to class, especially with abs.  

I did have to laugh when tying the band around the barre was a mental challenge for me.  Guess I get a pass since I'd been up since before 3am!  Using the band for the abs series made a huge difference for me.  Pulling down on the band while doing ab tucks and other moves just helped it click with my body and head of how intense the ab moves should be.  Breathing making a big difference too.  Sharp exhales with moves make the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment