Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jump Start Day With Pure Barre

I could really tell it was Daylight Savings Time weekend as I drove over to Pure Barre then went in for the 8:30am class.  There were even less folks than normal on the roads on an early Sunday morning and the class was smaller.

I had a goal to get my workout done early today because my list of things to do is extremely long.  This was my sixth Pure Barre class.  I'm trying to get in at least once a week because I love the isometric moves and that the class is based in Pilates, ballet, dance and other forms of exercise that focus on the long and lean body instead of bulk up.

The water ski series and some of the abs series are still really tough for me but now I'm determined to master them!  Next time you're doing leg lifts or abs thing small movements.  Try moves in an up and hold; then up, up and hold; then pulse fashion.  That will give you an idea of what exercises are like in a Pure Barre class.  I just keep thinking long and lean with goal to look like a ballerina to get me through the class.  Pure Barre is purely fantastic to jump start my Sundays when I'm home in Denver and not traveling.

If you've never gone to a Pure Barre class or what to see what it looks like here's a promo.  If there's not a Pure Barre in your city they do sell DVD on their website.


No comments:

Post a Comment