Monday, March 26, 2012

Snowmobile Saturday

Snowmobiling...not much of a workout, right?  Wrong!  I found that out Saturday when I went snowmobiling with Telluride Snowmobile Adventures.  I went out with my guide Ben and his friend Andy on an intermediate snowmobile tour.  We covered over 15 miles through trees, twists, turns and incredible scenery.  My favorite spot on the tour was the Alta Ghost Town.
Alta Ghost Town
I also loves maneuvering through the trees.  Steering the snowmobile through turns, some uphill and some down, was a big upper body workout.  Got a little bit of core and leg work to since you do have to lean into the turns.  Ben used the phrase "Sneak a cheek" to describe how you should lean into the turn.  In other words....scoot half your booty off snowmobile in turns!
Back side of Gold Hill Chutes
I did start the day with a long dog walk down Main Street, past Town Park and in to another residential area of Telluride and enjoyed some beautiful moments of the sun rising over the mountains.



No comments:

Post a Comment