Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Doing The Reps

It's Wednesday and for me that means Mad Abs and Dirty 30 at Pura Vida Club.  I love the classes.  They are tough and so worth me making a lunch date with my myself to workout.

Cyndie taught Mad Abs using a ball and weights.  She did one minute intervals.  We did two sets of each series and ended the class with two minutes of plank.  We did a plank with ball against the wall, forearms on ball and legs extended.  We were in regular plank for 30 seconds.  Lifted one leg for 15 seconds, then lifted other leg for 15 seconds.  Then we repeated for another minute.

In Dirty 30 I knew it was going to be tough today when the first thing written on the mirror was 10 hand stand push ups.  Tim's class is always tough but today was extra tough.  Here's series:

10 Hand Stand Push Ups - yep that means in hand stand position with feet against the wall

20 Pull Ups - I did mine TRX style using a bar

30 Turkish Get Ups - lay on floor with one arm extended holding weight. Sit up keeping weight pushing toward ceiling

40 Push Ups

50 Burpees - yes 50!

60 Kettlebell Swings - I used a 12 kg one (that's 26.4 pounds)

70 Lunges each leg - I alternated front and back lunges to get to 70

80 Speed Squats

90 Mountain Climbers

100 Jump Rope - it's 100 contact

Because there were so many in class we all started on different exercises.  I started with mountain climbers, skipped jump rope to save that for last and went through rest of series of 10 to 80 reps.

Talk about a killer workout!  I finished the series in 25 minutes and did a few extra push ups and called it a day.

Have fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment